Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Faux Pas: White and Cream

In previous posts, I have mentioned tonal looks, combining similar colors in the same tone to create an outfit that keeps getting better the more you look at it. The topic I'm about to discuss doesn't apply for a tonal look, but is a major no-no elsewhere.

Trying to put together a rig for an upcoming wedding, I thought that my cream sport coat would pair greatly with a white and blue Bengal stripe shirt. It looked great in my head, but when I finally put the two together, it didn't work out too well. The shirt looked bleachy white where as the sport coat looked old and dingy, not an ideal situation for any of your clothing items.
White/Cream tonal: Good! Otherwise: bad bad bad...
White and [insert color here] seem to always look flawless, but white just happens to bring out the worst characteristic feature of cream. So as I said before, unless you're going for a tonal look, stay away from the cream and white combo and you'll be a very happy camper.

Check in tomorrow for a stylish celebrity influence and next Friday for another edition of my fashion faux pas!

No comments:

Post a Comment