Sunday, June 21, 2015

Tailor Made Style: Red, White, and Bows

I know you were taught to always trust a guy in a bow tie and no socks, but as a Southern gentleman I’ll start by introducing myself. My name is DJ Hargrave, a menswear and lifestyle blogger from North Carolina. Tailor Made Style is my baby (she’s only a few months young) and I launched it during the end of my freshman year of college.


IMG_8181.JPG


Today’s post is not necessarily about wearing a blazer with shorts (gotcha!) but more so about not being afraid to take risks.


IMG_8169.JPG


Conventional/classic menswear rules says that blazers aren’t meant to be worn with shorts, but not our generation. Not the entrepreneurial, independent, and rebellious yet elegant gentleman in 2015.


IMG_8197.JPG


To pull off something like the blazer-shorts look takes two things: confidence and fit. If you walk with your head up, and know that what you’re wearing fits like a cashmere glove, then what is there to be afraid of?


IMG_8201.JPG


The answer is nothing. Go out there and wear your first bow tie, wear a blazer with shorts, or wear a shirt with floral prints on it. A special thanks to Spencer Parry for the opportunity. You’re the man!


Until next time.


DJ
@tailormadedj
www.tailormade-style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment