Thursday, April 10, 2014

Threads for Thought: Espadrilles

Spring is here, summer is coming, and so too are the warmer months before the leaves start falling. Before that all happens, its time you looked into some casual shoes that can take the place of the sandals/flip flops that you should no longer be wearing to add in to your rotation.
Espadrilles are an item that I have even been having trouble adopting and up until recently when I made my first purchase (too bad they didn't fit), I was very much against them, but no longer. Traditionally made in Spain from straw and canvas materials, they are simple, classic, and casual for all your looks this season. Today, they are becoming more and more popular thanks to TOMS who is providing social impact through the sales of their shoes, giving a pair to a child in need for every pair sold.
TOMS comes through with plenty of options to choose from.
There are an endless number of options for color and pattern choices, so I'm not going to laden you with suggestions, but try to get an espadrille that matches your lifestyle. Whichever you get, pairing them with a shirt and tie will create an interesting contrast that says "I'm going topside once I leave this desk" and needless to say they'll agree with your regular beach attire.
Hermes is doing, so should you. Peer pressure!
Check in tomorrow for another installment of my fashion faux pas and next Thursday for another style piece that begs your consideration!

No comments:

Post a Comment